READY, SET, LET’S RIDE!
Saddle up as we take over the streets of Leeds city centre on Sunday 2 September for a day of cycling fun at the HSBC UK Let’s Ride Cycling Festival!
See Leeds city centre and surrounding area in a new perspective when the roads are closed to traffic from 11-3pm.
Go to Millennium Square and pick up your free HSBC UK Let’s Ride bib, then cycle as much or as little of the 6km route you want - taking in landmarks and cultural hotspots from your saddle.
It’s for all ages, abilities and confidence levels, so you can wobble, zig-zag and stop as much as you like!
If you haven’t got a bike, no problem – you can hire one for free on the day...
• Visit the ‘Let’s Ride’ tents, get your loyalty card stamped – and receive your reward at the end
• Check in at activation points for minor repairs or adjustments and personalise your bib
• Test your speed in the Sir Chris Hoy sprint challenge
• Get off your bike and onto ours for a chance to win prizes in the ‘spin-to-win’ static bike challenge
• Be amazed by tricks and stunts in the Extreme Mountain Bike Show
• Children - visit the HSBC UK Go Ride station and try out something new to improve your bike-handling and racing skills
Visit the ‘Cycling in Leeds’ gazebo at first direct arena for
● loads of information about cycle routes and cycle safety
● sit in the heavy goods lorry and see what the driver sees
● children – complete the cycle safety quiz and get a gift!
Come to the HSBC Virtual Reality stand on Millennium Square for a different look at things …
On Woodhouse Moor, find out about social cycling groups and clubs that will keep you loving your bike and in the saddle for safe and enjoyable cycling experiences!
Music, food and drink, fun and games, demos, giveaways, activities, challenges, face painting and a craft area will keep everyone entertained – even our younger riders!
It’s a free, fun, family-friendly day out in Leeds! Everyone's invited - see you there.
To register your place to ride or for more information, visit the HSBC UK Let’s Ride Leeds webpage: www.letsride.co.uk/events/leeds and watch the Let's Ride Leeds video.
You can also download our A4 Let's Ride Leeds poster (PDF 11.3MB) to help spread the word about the event.