This summer, influential British icons The Specials and legendary reggae heroes Toots And The Maytals will share the stage for the very first time in Millennium Square, Leeds!
Combining two of the most iconic and celebrated acts of the past 50 years, The Specials and Toots And The Maytals together on the same stage is a once in a lifetime opportunity to capture the roots and soul of modern music’s most beloved genre.
Opening this already stacked lineup are the reggae infused ska-rock band, Bedouin Soundclash, and DJ Matt McManamon of The Dead 60s fame.
Tickets are now SOLD OUT for this event, although to find our more information about upcoming events on Millennium Square please visit our Summer Series page!
Important information: Additional advice for those attending events this weekend
The UK terror threat level remains critical and in advance of The Specials, Toots & Maytals and Slam Dunk Festival events taking place on Millennium Square this weekend, we would like to reassure those attending that event security procedures are continually being reviewed and enhanced following close liaison with our contracted security provider, West Yorkshire Police and the National Terrorism Advisory System.
Whist specific security information cannot obviously be shared, we would ask that everyone attending make themselves aware of the following:
- Plan ahead and think about pick-up and drop-off points further away from the venue
- Check event and performance times and arrive as early as possible allowing plenty of time to clear security
- Intensive bag and body searches will be undertaken on all gates so please avoid bringing a bag with you unless absolutely necessary
- Be vigilant at all times and report any concerns to event stewards and / or Police officers
- If you see anything at all suspicious on your journey to and from the venue dial 999 to inform the Police and /or via the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321
- Follow us on twitter @millsqleeds for any updated information
The Specials, Toots & Maytals - Saturday 27 May 2017
Doors - 5pm (30min early than advertised)
Bedouin Sound Clash 6:20pm
Toots and the Maytals 7:30pm
The Specials 9:10pm
*Please be aware that stage times are estimate and subject to change
This event is for over 14s only - Please read the full venue terms and conditions to find out more information - Millennium Square terms and conditions
Millennium Square Concert - Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 174KB)